FAITH INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
3504 North Pearl Street
Tacoma, Washington 98407
MASTER OF ARTS IN LEADERSHIP MINISTRY
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
The Master of Arts in Leadership Ministry (MALM) is a 72-hour program designed for those who desire to serve the church or a church-related ministry. The Interdisciplinary program provides a well-rounded biblical, theological, and practical understanding of the Christian faith in relation to other disciplines. Students may develop an emphasis in one of the following areas: Global Leadership or Counseling and Care. A minimum of 24 hours in a specific area must be taken to establish an emphasis. The program is for the following:
- Christian workers (professional or lay) in positions where the master’s degree will allow entrance into a Christian vocation which would not otherwise be possible;
- Those who need a general seminary education and wish to gain further knowledge in areas associated with Christian leadership and ministry; and
- Those who wish to gain expertise in global leadership or counseling and care.
The standard academic prerequisite for the MALM is a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants must sign that they have read and are in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement and will uphold it, and that they will abide by the Biblical Code of Conduct, Academic Code of Honor, Drug and Alcohol Policy, Payment Policy, and all other academic and financial policies. Additional requirements can be found on the Application for Admission or beginning on page 55.
INTERDISCIPLINARY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Acquire a basic understanding of the Bible, theology, and leadership ministry; and
- Acquire an understanding of the relationship between biblical and theological disciplines and the integration of practical leadership ministry within those disciplines.
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Acquire a basic understanding of the Bible, theology, and global leadership ministry;
- Acquire an ability to move toward emotional health and spiritual maturity as a servant leader;
- Acquire a Christian worldview of evangelism and the ability to foster leadership teams;
- Acquire an ability to communicate and be relevant in a cross-cultural setting; and
- Acquire practical knowledge of strategic collaborative relationships and the ability to think with a missional perspective toward the accomplishment of God-given goals.
COUNSELING LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Acquire an understanding of the foundational elements of counseling;
- Acquire an understanding of the various types of counseling toward the goal of biblical integration within the framework of Christian principles and practice;
- Acquire an ability to apply basic counseling and referral skills in a multicultural society; and
- Grow personally, professionally, and pastorally as well as develop a deeper foundation for one’s ministry of counseling.
Click here to view the full program requirements in the academic catalog.